Arrival Day 1 (Orientation to the Western Front)
- Meet at Dover for a morning ferry to Calais. The ferry journey is usually 90 minutes in calm weather.
- Ride towards Albert, briefly stopping at Vimy Ridge Memorial (subject to time and weather).
- Ride to Albert (2 hours) for lunch and tour briefing.
- Orientation ride to La Boisselle, Ovillers Cemetery and Pozieres memorials
- Optional evening rideout (venue depending on the weather)
Day 2 (Opening of the Battle 1 July)
- Short ride to Fricourt village. Visit the German cemetery. Ride along the 1 July lines through Becourt, Mametz (Dantzig Alley), Montauban, La Boisselle, Ovillers, visit to Thiepval Heights.
- Visit to Thiepval Memorial to the Missing on the Somme (1 hour)
- Ride on towards Auchonvillers, past the Ulster Tower (brief visit) to Beaumont Hamel
- Visit the Newfoundland Park and Hawthorn Ridge, Y Ravine and 51st Division Memorial
- Ride on to Beaumont Hamel village and north to Serre/Gommecourt left flank
- Return towards Albert
- Ride to Peronne, afternoon visit to he Museum of the Great War
- Optional evening rideout (venue depending on weather)
Day 3 (The Battle continues)
- Ride north from Albert towards Martinpuich, Contalmaison and Bazentin-Le-Petit. Visit the site of the doomed cavalry charge, Caterpillar Valley and Flatiron Copse cemeteries, Longueval village, Delville Wood and Trones/Bernafay Woods, Ginchy and Guillemont.
- Ride towards High Wood, through machine gun alley and on towards Flers and Courcelette villages.
- Ride further north towards Warlencourt and the Butte de Warlencourt. Ride on to Fromelles.
- Evening ride out to Neuve-Chappelle Memorial
Day 4 (The Somme halts)
- Northern reaches of the Somme advance, Le Transloy to Bapaume.
- Ride to Arras to visit the Carriere Wellington
- Visit the Vimy Ridge trench system
- Ride to Calais
- Return ferry at approximately 16:00