18-21 May 2015 TOUR SOLD OUT
You DO NOT need to be a Legion member to come along!
- Solo Rider and Bike £399 (£100 OFF list price)
- Rider and pillion £299 per person (£100 OFF list price)
- Riders sharing (2 riders, 2 bikes sharing a room) £349 per person. Minimum 2 bookings (£100 OFF list price)
- Meet at Portsmouth at approximately 19:00. Welcome briefing and refreshments. Overnight ferry to Caen or Cherbourg. There will be a chance to meet the group and plan any specific locations to visit.
Day 2 – The Cotentin Peninsula
- Arrive in Normandy early morning. Visit the sites in the Cotentin Peninsula and the Atlantic Wall
- Visit inland cemeteries and the paratroop landing zones in the fields and woodland surrounding St Mere Eglise.
- Circuit of Carentan and La Barquette battlefield
- Landing areas for the 101st and 82nd US Airborne troops and the defence of the peninsula.
Day 3 – The Landing Beaches
- Full-day visit to the five Normandy landing beaches
- Utah beach and the Rangers museum.
- Pointe du Hoc and the Utah/Omaha cliffs
- Omaha Beach – Mulberry Harbours and the National Guard memorial
- Arromanches and the Longues-sur-Mer battery
- Visit to the Pegasus Bridge and the original bridge in the museum complex
- Ranville cemetery and the breakout area for XXX Corps – “a British battlefield”
- Evening on the Beaches
- Visit to the Bayeux Cemetery and D-Day museum
- Ride to st Lo and the museum of the Bocages
- Ride to St Mere Eglise (Cherbourg departure) or Villiers Bocage and St Martin des Besaces, Hill 112 and Hill 309 (Caen departure)
- Afternoon or evening Ferry to England (TBC)
Please note the ferry may arrive early on the following morning (02 June), ready for a refreshing ride home!