Tour Dates 17-20 June 2015
STOP PRESS – This Tour Itinerary has been updated to accommodate the battlefield tour of Waterloo. The tour content is unchanged…
17 June Day 1 – Departure from Dover and Arrival in Belgium – Ypres
- Meet at Dover for an afternoon ferry or train to Calais. The ferry journey is usually 90 minutes in calm weather, the train takes around 40 minutes
- Ride towards Poperinghe and into Ieper (Ypres) for attendance at The Last Post Ceremony at 20:00 at The Menin Gate.
18 June Day 2 – Mons – Bastogne – Malmedy – Liege
- Morning ride to Mons. Visit the sites of the first engagement in August 1914. We visit the bridge at Nimy and the first VC awards, the Grand Place in Mons town centre and the St Symphorien Cemetery where the first and last official casualties are buried along with Lt Maurice Dease who won the very first Victoria Cross.
- Ride on to Bastogne via Namur and visit the sites of the relief of Bastogne in 1944.
- Visit to Malmedy and north to the forts of Liege, attacked in both World Wars.
19 June Day 3 – Full Day at Waterloo
- Early morning ride towards Brussels and the site of the Battle of Waterloo. This is the 200th anniversary of the Battle and we will take you to a full re-enactment of the early engagements of the clash between Napoleon and Wellington. This is not to be missed!
- Ride on towards Ypres and visit cemeteries from the end of World War I
20 June Day 4 – Full Tour of the Ypres Salient
- A full day tour of the battlefields of Ypres. Sites will include:
- Hill 62/Hooge
- Polygon Wood
- Tyne Cot
- Essex Farm
- Messines and the Ridge
- The Messines Craters
- Lijssthenhoek Cemetery at Poperinghe
Late afternoon ferry to England.
Bring your camera, this is not to be missed!